At the Fleet Science Center, you can touch a tornado, design images with a sand pendulum, examine the vibration of guitar strings and get your hands on a variety of intriguing scientific phenomena through dozens of delightful interactive exhibits for all ages.
The Fleet is home to the Heikoff Giant Dome Theater, presenting immersive IMAX® films and digital planetarium shows, transporting audiences from outer space to underwater and every place in between. Its unique configuration wraps the audience in images and provides the illusion of being suspended in space.
Located in beautiful Balboa Park, the Fleet Science Center also offers:
- Studio X, where you can experiment, invent and create
- Kid City, a place just for kids ages five and under
- Workshops, camps and more
- Craveology, which serves up flatbread pizzas, salads and healthy treats
- The North Star Science Store, where you can find unique, science-related toys and games, books, IMAX DVDs and more
Current & Upcoming Exhibitions
Explore Your Brain at the Fleet Science Center with three mind-boggling attractions. Featuring visually captivating illusions, brainteasers that will challenge the most experienced puzzlers and interactive experiences, the new attractions will give an up-close and hands-on look at the brain.
- In the new Illusions Gallery, you’ll discover that it is not what you see, it’s how you see that truly matters.
- Get a hands-on and up-close look at the human body’s most essential organ with Brain: The World Inside Your Head.
- Mindbender Mansion is an eclectic place full of puzzles and brainteasers that challenge the brainpower of the entire family.
Designed to appeal to audiences of all ages, the new attractions at the Fleet Science Center give you hands-on learning activities and interactive technology to explore the inner workings of the brain.
Visit Fleet Science Center
1875 El Prado, Balboa Park
San Diego, CA 92101
Open daily: 10:00 AM
Closing times vary
Blink Balboa Park Reuben H Fleet Center, 1875 El Prado, San Diego, CA