At the Fleet Science Center, you can touch a tornado, design images with a sand pendulum, examine the vibration of guitar strings and get your hands on a variety of intriguing scientific phenomena through dozens of delightful interactive exhibits for all ages.
The Fleet is home to the Heikoff Giant Dome Theater, presenting immersive IMAX® films and digital planetarium shows, transporting audiences from outer space to underwater and every place in between. Its unique configuration wraps the audience in images and provides the illusion of being suspended in space.
Located in beautiful Balboa Park, the Fleet Science Center also offers:
- Studio X, where you can experiment, invent and create
- Kid City, a place just for kids ages five and under
- Workshops, camps and more
- Craveology, which serves up flatbread pizzas, salads and healthy treats
- The North Star Science Store, where you can find unique, science-related toys and games, books, IMAX DVDs and more
Current & Upcoming Exhibitions
NOW AT THE FLEET
Experience Winter Paradice, San Diego-style, at the Fleet Science Center, November 23 – January 26!
Trade in your flip-flops for lace-up skates and take a glide session on our new synthetic ice rink (you know, because it’s science). When you’re done skating, continue the fun by jumping in the ball pit or sliding down a 31-foot slide in our adult-sized playground exhibition, Pause|Play. Get crafty with ornament making in Studio X, create your own ice cream flavor in the cafe and immerse yourself in our interactive galleries.
Gather your family and friends, as you don’t want to miss out on this festive adventure. As a holiday treat, ice skating is included with your Fleet admission!
EXTENDED BY POPULAR DEMAND
The Fleet’s exhibition, Pause|Play, is an invitation for the young and the young-at-heart to leave the digital world behind, hit pause on their busy lives and recapture the nostalgia of play. Science has shown that play has a number of cognitive, social, emotional and physical benefits at any age—but we think it’s just downright fun!
The exhibition features some of your favorite playground activities and gives them a scientific twist.
- Clock your speed as you slip down a 15-foot-high, 31-foot-long slide.
- Discover the Coriolis effect while spinning on the merry-go-round.
- Find out if you can ride a tricycle with square wheels.
- Play hide-and-seek with color-filtering lenses.
- And enjoy many more incredible experiences!
Pause|Play takes your favorite childhood pastimes and brings them to a modern indoor space that has just one rule:
NO ADULTING ALLOWED!
Visit Fleet Science Center
1875 El Prado, Balboa Park
San Diego, CA 92101
Open daily: 10:00 AM
Closing times vary
Blink Balboa Park Reuben H Fleet Center, 1875 El Prado, San Diego, CA