The Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation (GQHF) is housed in the historic district’s oldest standing structure, the Davis-Horton House (Built in 1850). As the steward of the Gaslamp Quarter’s architecture, culture, and history, GQHF operates the house as the Gaslamp Museum to share information about San Diego’s early history through exhibitions, tours of the house, and guided tours of the Gaslamp neighborhood, Tuesday through Saturday.
Your first stop in the Gaslamp Quarter offering:
- Gaslamp Quarter Architectural Tours every Thursday at 1 PM and Saturday at 11 AM
- Ghosts of the Gaslamp Walking Tour every Friday at 5 PM
- Tours of the historic Davis-Horton House (1850), the oldest surviving structure in downtown San Diego, Thursday-Sunday
- Gaslamp Gifts, our charming museum store featuring fancy soaps and lotions, T-shirts, Victorian-inspired jewelry and scarves, Greyfriars Bobby and Bum the Dog Plushies, plus seasonal Halloween and Christmas merchandise
- An exhibition gallery showcasing Gaslamp Quarter historical exhibits
- The only “Talking Statues” in the United States, Bum the Dog and Greyfriars Bobby
- Paranormal investigations
- Private walking tours and education tours
- Specialty historical tours of the Gaslamp
- Monthly History Talks! lecture series
Current & Upcoming Exhibitions
New Tour: Victorian Christmas Tours of the Davis-Horton House
Join us for some Christmas cheer! Enjoy our special Holiday tour!
The holidays have always been a special time at the museum and our staff and volunteers always decorated the House in style for the holiday season but this year it is truly a sight to behold- virtually! Step back in time with your guide and see the period rooms decorated to explore different Victorian Holiday traditions! As a special treat you will get to continue the fun at home with a Davis-Horton House Victorian Christmas Tour PDF full of history, activities, and other surprises!
Daytime tours: Saturday, December 19th at 11am or Tuesday, December 22nd at 3pm.
Evening candle lit tour: Wednesday, December 30th at 6pm
All Tours are virtual over Zoom and include access to the exclusive Victorian Christmas Tour brochure (PDF) full of fun holiday history and activities!
Tour is approximately 30 minutes.
After booking the zoom link will be emailed to address that bought the tickets. .
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Exhibit: William Heath Davis and the Building of New Town San Diego in 1850.
The Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House is excited to announce its new exhibit William Heath Davis and the Building of New Town San Diego in 1850.
Visit Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
410 Island Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Tuesday - Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
Sundays: 12 PM - 4 PM
*Last tours 30 minutes before closing
410 Island Avenue, San Diego, CA