The Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation (GQHF) is housed in the historic district’s oldest standing structure, the Davis-Horton House (Built in 1850). As the steward of the Gaslamp Quarter’s architecture, culture, and history, GQHF operates the house as the Gaslamp Museum to share information about San Diego’s early history through exhibitions, tours of the house, and guided tours of the Gaslamp neighborhood.
Your first stop in the Gaslamp Quarter offering:
- Gaslamp Quarter Historical Tours Thursdays at 1 PM and Saturdays at 11 AM
- Tours of the historic Davis-Horton House (1850), the oldest surviving structure in downtown San Diego, Tuesday (pre-booked private tours) and Wednesday-Saturday (open to the public 10 am – 5 pm).
- Gaslamp Gifts, our charming museum store featuring artisan soaps, T-shirts, Victorian-inspired jewelry and scarves, Greyfriars Bobby and Bum the Dog Plushies, handmade quilts, and seasonal Halloween and Christmas merchandise.
- An exhibition gallery showcasing Gaslamp Quarter historical exhibits (currently online).
- The only “Talking Statues” in the United States, Bum the Dog and Greyfriars Bobby
- Private walking tours and education tours
- Specialty historical tours of the Gaslamp
Current & Upcoming Exhibitions
Private Tours of the Davis-Horton House
We are open on Tuesdays for private, self-guided tours of the Davis-Horton House for you and your group! Visit our website here to reserve your time. A staff member will be available to answer your questions on your tour.
Historical Walking Tours
Join us on Thursdays at 1 PM and Saturdays at 11 AM for a tour of Gaslamp Quarter! Your guide will share with you the history and stories behind some of the districts most unique Victorian era buildings.
For more information and to reserve your spot please visit our website here or email us at email@example.com.
Current Exhibit: Into the Archives: The Collections of the GQHF
The Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation collections are made up of thousands of items relating to Gaslamp Quarter and the Davis-Horton house history from 1850 to modern day. The exhibit showcases a variety of collection types including photographs, paper works, objects, and special interest collections. Come explore the seldom seen items that make up the Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation’s archives and museum collections.
Admission to the exhibit is included in the price of admission to the museum. On view through December 2022.
Visit Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
410 Island Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Wednesday - Saturday 10:00am-4:00pm
*Last tours 30 minutes before closing
Tuesday (Pre-booked Private tours only)
Closed Sunday and Monday
410 Island Avenue, San Diego, CA