The Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation (GQHF) is housed in the historic district’s oldest standing structure, the Davis-Horton House (Built in 1850). As the steward of the Gaslamp Quarter’s architecture, culture, and history, GQHF operates the house as the Gaslamp Museum to share information about San Diego’s early history through exhibitions, tours of the house, and guided tours of the Gaslamp neighborhood.
Your first stop in the Gaslamp Quarter offering:
- Gaslamp Quarter Architectural Tours every Thursday at 1 PM and Saturday at 11 AM
- Tours of the historic Davis-Horton House (1850), the oldest surviving structure in downtown San Diego, Tuesday-Thursday (pre-booked private tours) and Friday-Saturday (open to the public).
- Gaslamp Gifts, our charming museum store featuring fancy soaps and lotions, T-shirts, Victorian-inspired jewelry and scarves, Greyfriars Bobby and Bum the Dog Plushies, plus seasonal Halloween and Christmas merchandise
- An exhibition gallery showcasing Gaslamp Quarter historical exhibits (currently online).
- The only “Talking Statues” in the United States, Bum the Dog and Greyfriars Bobby
- Private walking tours and education tours
- Specialty historical tours of the Gaslamp
Current & Upcoming Exhibitions
Historical Walking Tours are back!
Join us on Thursdays at 1 PM and Saturdays at 11 AM for a tour of Gaslamp Quarter! Your guide will share with you the history and stories behind some of the districts most unique Victorian era buildings.
For more information and to reserve your spot please visit our website or email us at email@example.com.
Current Exhibit: William Heath Davis and the Building of New Town San Diego in 1850.
The Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House is excited to announce its new exhibit William Heath Davis and the Building of New Town San Diego in 1850.
Visit Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
410 Island Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Friday and Saturday 10:00am-4:00pm
*Last tours 30 minutes before closing
Tuesday-Thursday (Pre-booked Private tours only)
410 Island Avenue, San Diego, CA